for Adults & Families
- Financial Coaching – Branches offers free one-on-one personal financial coaching sessions with a certified financial coach to help individuals build their credit, build assets and achieve long-term success in life.
- Financial Education for Children & Youth – prepares our students to play an active role in managing their personal finances and make informed decisions about saving, spending, investing and borrowing through group classes and one-on-one coaching.
- Micro-Business Program – provides a range of business training and services for underserved micro-entrepreneurs to help them overcome business challenges and build profitable ventures.
- Transportation Solutions Program – provides transportation-related financial education to low-income families, helping them access affordable loans to purchase reliable used vehicles to meet their critical transportation needs.
- Tax Preparation Services – Through VITA, Branches offers tax preparation services and ITIN processing all year around at no cost to qualified individuals.
- Emergency Services Network – consists of more than a dozen local congregations that provide several forms of emergency services including food pantries, delivered meals and prepared hot meals. Branches also provides disaster relief and partners closely with FRIEND.
- United Way Center for Financial Stability (UWCFS) – housed and operated by Branches, the UWCFS offers a full range of financial stability services to enable working families and individuals to achieve economic stability.
To access Branches’ Financial Wellness Resource Library,
please click here.
Branches proudly leads the Miami-Dade VITA Coalition, also known as Miami Tax Pros, which is a group of over 25 strong community-based partners with 50+ sites and over 450 volunteers. In 2020, we helped over 10,000 families file their taxes, which secured over $13 million in tax refunds for hard working families and individuals that need it the most.
Learn more at www.miamitaxpros.com
Financial freedom cannot come through knowledge alone but necessitates an opportunity to exercise that knowledge. Branches opens up new opportunities for participants to improve their situations and lives. The coaching process reorients the expectations of a client to overcome self-imposed barriers while also navigating external barriers through access to uniquely targeted tools and services.
For participants that have begun to realize some of their opportunities, the Branches team offers services and products that allow them to increase their total and disposable income.
Stability may look differently for different people, however, stable families embody behaviors, utilize tools and resources that allow them to overcome obstacles in the road of life. Each Achieve program has unique key milestones tied to stability supporting families in their need for reliable access to housing, income, healthcare and financial tools along with the financial capabilities to achieve financial wellness.