Branches’ Climb to College & Career Mentor Program
Support Branches’ Climb to College & Career program by becoming a Mentor! If you are you interested in helping students stay on the path to academic success, then we want YOU!
Mentors help our students discover their true talents, choose meaningful extracurricular activities, write compelling admissions essays, choose a path toward a fulfilling career and more.
The Branches Mentor Program is a component of Branches Climb to College & Career. Mentors act as a resource, a source of encouragement, and support Branches students on their journey toward attainment of a college degree or technical/vocational school certificate. Here is what Climb means to Branches:
C – mentors are to CARE for the students
L – mentors will LINK students to resources
I – mentors INVEST time to make a difference in the lives of students
M – mentors MOTIVATE students to reach their potential
B – mentors BELIEVE in the possibilities
Serving as a mentor is a one-year time commitment of meeting twice a month for at least 1 hour per session. Mentor and Mentee pairs will initial meet at one of the three Branches campuses. Our greatest need for mentors is at our Florida City Campus.
What does mentorship involve?
- Assess current skills and experience
- Respond with insights and suggestions
- Create an action plan to address problem areas
- Discover and develop interests and aptitudes
- Set realistic but challenging goals
What should a student look for in a mentor?
The best mentors:
- Are well-informed about current college entrance requirements
- Help students to prepare for SAT or ACT entrance exams and improve upon previous test scores
- Are impartial—a good mentor seeks only to advance a student’s success and has no personal interest in recommending a specific college or course of study
- Know which classes and extracurricular are most likely to appeal to a student’s most-favored colleges
- Share helpful insights about how best to balance AP and standard courses
- Encourage students to both manage expectations and challenge themselves
- Are able to meet on a regular basis
- Can help find support and accommodation for students’ mental or physical health concerns and challenges
Click to submit your Mentor Interest Form!
For further questions, please contact
Luis Pagan at firstname.lastname@example.org or at
THANK YOU for your support!