Branches has housed and operated the United Way Center for Financial Stability (UWCFS) since 2009. Branches now runs two out of the three UWCFS sites, the South Dade site and the North Dade site. The UWCFS provides working individuals and families with a full range of services and support – from financial coaching to free tax preparation and benefits enrollment to employment assistance and credit counseling. The UWCFS is committed to ensuring all Miami-Dade residents have a clear path to financial independence.
Individuals are paired with one of the UWCFS’ financial coaches, who customize the services to meet specific financial needs and goals. National research shows that this personalized approach achieves clear, long-term results. Each coach will monitor their participant’s progress and provide support and counseling along the way to help that participant reach their goals.
Each participant will receive:
- An Initial financial assessment – The financial coach will gather information and work with the participant to determine their specific financial needs.
- A personalized financial stability plan – The participant and financial coach will develop a comprehensive plan to establish goals and the benchmarks necessary to reach them.
- personalized financial coaching
- free tax preparation and benefits enrollment
- credit counseling and debt management
- credit building tools
- affordable banking and financial products
- employment services, including job training, interviewing skills and resume building
- legal services
- character based auto loans
- home ownership services
- small business services
- other asset building services
To learn more about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), please click here for helpful resources.
The Center also hosts financial education, trainings and workshops. If you are a participant and would like more information about available resources, please click here.
To make an appointment with a Financial Coach, please click here or call 305-442-8306.
For additional information, please visit the UWCFS’ dedicated website: www.miamifinancialstability.org.