Branches has housed and operated the United Way Center for Financial Stability (UWCFS) since 2009. The UWCFS provides working individuals and families with a full range of services and support – from financial coaching to free tax preparation and benefits enrollment to employment assistance and credit counseling. The UWCFS is committed to ensuring all Miami-Dade residents have a clear path to financial independence.
Clients are paired with one of the UWCFS’ financial coaches, who customize the services to meet their clients’ specific financial needs and goals. National research shows that this personalized approach achieves clear, long-term results. Each coach will monitor their client’s progress and provide support and counseling along the way to help the client reach their goals.
Each client will receive:
- An Initial financial assessment – The financial coach will gather information and work with the client to determine their specific financial needs.
- A personalized financial stability plan – The client and financial coach will develop a comprehensive plan to establish goals and the benchmarks necessary to reach them.
- personalized financial coaching
- free tax preparation and benefits enrollment
- credit counseling and debt management
- credit building tools
- affordable banking and financial products
- employment services, including job training, interviewing skills and resume building
- character based auto loans
- home ownership services
- small business services
- other asset building services
To learn more about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), please click here for helpful resources.
The Center also hosts financial education, trainings and workshops. If you are a client and would like more information about available resources, please click here.
To contact a Financial Coach, please click here.
For additional information, please visit the UWCFS’ dedicated website: www.miamifinancialstability.org.